For the French Onion soup lover who loves soup and who also loves cabbage. Very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large dutch oven and saute onions, garlic and cabbage for 15 minutes.
- 2Stir in flour and salt; add broth, water and Worcestershire.
- 3Cook to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 4Spoon broth mixture into soup crocks, filling crocks about 3/4 full; top with the french bread and swiss cheese.
- 5Place crocks under a broiler on Low and melt cheese until it bubbles and becomes browned.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion-Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (841 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.6
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 2012.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 22.8 g