Prep 7 mins
Cook 18 mins
I get bored with just the plain burgers. I found this recipe in Taste of Home and had marked it to save. It is a simple yet tasty sounding burger.
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and diced (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine the onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and mushrooms if using. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with any condiments and toppings of your choice.
This is so easy and so tasty We loved it! I didn't add the mushrooms to the meat but fried fresh sliced ones along side the burger. Mmm enjoyed my Saterday rnight burger
Sorry this didn't work for us. Followed the directions exactly. A tasteless and mushy burger. Not having good luck with some of these 5 star ratings. Sometimes I feel these ratings are written by relatives.
The flavor of these was pretty good and they were unique. I used the mushrooms and really enjoyed them. (An added bonus is that my son ate every bite and didn't complain about the mushrooms.) However, they completely fell apart. They only got brown on one side (under the broiler) because I couldn't turn them, and there is no way they could ever be cooked on the grill.