Recipe by The_Lady_in_the_Fire
I make these burgers on a small indoors grill but it can all be prepared for an outdoor bbq. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 2 (3 ounce) packets French onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 8 halved onion hamburger buns, lightly buttered
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 12 ounces A.1. Original Sauce (may not use the entire bottle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chuck, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, incorporating it thoroughly. Will make 8 thick hamburger patties.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in a large frying pan with a bit butter till it gets a nice caramel color.
- On a heated grill, cook the patties to the doneness you prefer. Put aside. Place the buns on the grill, buttered side down till butter is melted and it browned a little.
- To build the burgers, put a little A1 Sauce on each bun, add a patty, swiss cheese and the onion mushroom mixture. Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy.