Recipe by Chef Jean
Here is an easy way to dress up brussel sprouts. If you like brussel spourts this is for you. I can't promise to make you love brussel sprouts if you don't already but I do encourage you to try them this way. Fresh sprouts make a difference.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Nice oniony flavor. I used about 1 3/4 lbs of brussels sprouts (weight before trimming) and left all the other ingredients the same. They turned out wonderfully. I didn't add any salt; only pepper. The onion soup added enough salt. Thanx for a new way to make my favorite veggie!
- 453.59 g fresh Brussels sprout
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml French onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 473.18 ml water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the root end off the sprouts, peel off the first layer of leaves and cut each one on half.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan until the butter just starts to brown. Add the sprouts being careful not to get splattered with hot oil.
- Stir or toss frequently until the sprouts are nicely browned.
- Add the water and soup mix and simmer uncovered for about 7 minutes. Taste a sprout and season to taste with salt and pepper.