Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is an easy way to dress up brussel sprouts. If you like brussel spourts this is for you. I can't promise to make you love brussel sprouts if you don't already but I do encourage you to try them this way. Fresh sprouts make a difference.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons French onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Trim the root end off the sprouts, peel off the first layer of leaves and cut each one on half.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan until the butter just starts to brown. Add the sprouts being careful not to get splattered with hot oil.
- Stir or toss frequently until the sprouts are nicely browned.
- Add the water and soup mix and simmer uncovered for about 7 minutes. Taste a sprout and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nice oniony flavor. I used about 1 3/4 lbs of brussels sprouts (weight before trimming) and left all the other ingredients the same. They turned out wonderfully. I didn't add any salt; only pepper. The onion soup added enough salt. Thanx for a new way to make my favorite veggie!
These brussels sprouts are so good in the french onion soup. It's quite liquid but I like it. They're moist with full of flavors. Thanks Chef Jean :) Made for ZWT9
What a wonderful and delicious way to serve these under rated vegetables.<br/>I also did not add any salt, and these were just divine, I love my sprouts and these were just superb, with such great flavour.<br/>Thanks Chef Jean, for a recipe I will be making again.