1/11 Photos of French Onion Brussels Sprouts
Chef Jean's Note:
Here is an easy way to dress up brussel sprouts. If you like brussel spourts this is for you. I can't promise to make you love brussel sprouts if you don't already but I do encourage you to try them this way. Fresh sprouts make a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the root end off the sprouts, peel off the first layer of leaves and cut each one on half.
- 2Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan until the butter just starts to brown. Add the sprouts being careful not to get splattered with hot oil.
- 3Stir or toss frequently until the sprouts are nicely browned.
- 4Add the water and soup mix and simmer uncovered for about 7 minutes. Taste a sprout and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 659.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g