Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is easy and goes great with dinner, soup, stew, and also makes a great snack!
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Mix the french fried onions and cheese in a pie plate. Separate dough into 12 pieces on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Brush top side of dough with egg white; dip into french fried onion crumbs. Brush bottom side of dough with egg and dip into crumbs.
- Twist pieces to form a spiral; place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
These turned out very good...Mine did not puff up much but tasted wonderful. I used the garlic flavored bread sticks
What a great idea for a recipe. I never would of thought that this would turn out as great as they did. Had kids help with these. A nice simple appetizer that was well enjoyed bt all. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Great way to up the ante on a refrigerated breadstick! I used a whole small can of onion rings and just crushed them with my fingers into a paper plate then mixed in the cheese. I used 1 whole egg, beat in a pie pan, then rolled the dough into the egg them into the onions. It was a lot easier than trying to brush the egg on! These were great with a nice tossed salad for lunch! Thanks Sharon!