Recipe by Elsee03
This is a delicious, fairly simple, belly filling dinner!! It's a hybrid of a few different recipes I have tried. I think you will really enjoy this one.
Top Review by mama smurf
Ohhhh soooo wonderful and the smell! I followed the instructions only I did add a little of the Sriracha and a few portabellos midway and all I and DH can say is ohhhhhh. This was definately a keeper and going into my favorites of 2011. Thank you! Made for Spring Pick a Chef Orphanage 2011.
- 3 -4 lbs bottom round beef roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I recommend Sriracha)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast into crock pot and set on high, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour can of French Onion soup over roast.
- Add Worcestershire, red wine vinegar and hot sauce.
- Sprinkle packet of onion soup mix on top.
- Add bouillon cubes into liquid.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- Once beef is cooked through, remove roast, cut into chunks and add back into sauce.
- Boil potatoes until softened.
- Mash (with a masher, mixer or ricer) and add garlic, cream cheese and milk to create desired texture.
- Top potatoes with beef and drizzle with sauce from the pot.