1/1 Photo of French Onion Beef over Garlic Mashed Potatoes
4 hrs 15 mins
This is a delicious, fairly simple, belly filling dinner!! It's a hybrid of a few different recipes I have tried. I think you will really enjoy this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs bottom round beef roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I recommend Sriracha)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Place roast into crock pot and set on high, salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Pour can of French Onion soup over roast.
- 3Add Worcestershire, red wine vinegar and hot sauce.
- 4Sprinkle packet of onion soup mix on top.
- 5Add bouillon cubes into liquid.
- 6Cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- 7Once beef is cooked through, remove roast, cut into chunks and add back into sauce.
- 8Boil potatoes until softened.
- 9Mash (with a masher, mixer or ricer) and add garlic, cream cheese and milk to create desired texture.
- 10Top potatoes with beef and drizzle with sauce from the pot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Beef over Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 2219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bottom round beef roast