Recipe by out of here
A hearty casserole served with some good homemade bread-Pure comfort food!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Very nice combination of flavors. I really loved the pasta and croutons in this recipe and Dave really enjoyed the meat portion(he's not a big pasta fan). But we really enjoyed the dish as a whole. I altered the cooking method a little. I saute the onions (which I don't know if they were sweet or not but they tasted great) for 20 minutes, then added the mushrooms for 10 minutes then added the beef for the last 10 minutes. I was afraid if I put the meat and the mushrooms in together they would be way too done. I also used recipe #129971 for the noodles because of the garlic. This recipe screamed garlic. Other than that I followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
- 1182.95 ml uncooked wide egg noodles (8oz.)
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 907.18 g boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1- inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet onions
- 473.18 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 709.77 ml beef broth
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary leaves
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml seasoned croutons
- 473.18 ml swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F; cook and drain noodles as directed on the package.
- In a 5-quart dutch oven, melt the margarine.
- Add the beef, onions and mushrooms; cook about 30 minutes, stirring often, until beef is browned on all sides, the onions are soft and the mushrooms are browned.
- Spread the noodles in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Spoon the beef mixture over the noodles.
- In the same Dutch oven, heat 2 1/2 cups of the broth to boiling. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup broth and flour until smooth; stir the flour mixture into the boiling broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beef mixture; stir until blended.
- Sprinkle with the croutons and cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Tip: Be sure and give the onions enough time to caramelize. Well worth the great flavor!