1/2 Photos of French Onion Beef-Noodle Bake
1 hr 10 mins
out of here's Note:
A hearty casserole served with some good homemade bread-Pure comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (8oz.)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1- inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet onions
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oven to 350°F; cook and drain noodles as directed on the package.
- 2In a 5-quart dutch oven, melt the margarine.
- 3Add the beef, onions and mushrooms; cook about 30 minutes, stirring often, until beef is browned on all sides, the onions are soft and the mushrooms are browned.
- 4Spread the noodles in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- 5Spoon the beef mixture over the noodles.
- 6In the same Dutch oven, heat 2 1/2 cups of the broth to boiling. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup broth and flour until smooth; stir the flour mixture into the boiling broth.
- 7Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 8Stir in the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 9Pour over the beef mixture; stir until blended.
- 10Sprinkle with the croutons and cheese.
- 11Bake for 35 minutes.
- 12Tip: Be sure and give the onions enough time to caramelize. Well worth the great flavor!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Beef-Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 907.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 39.4 g