Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I made these for New Year's Eve this year and they went down pretty well. I had some of the French onion spread left. I served it on the side for people that wanted to dip the pinwheels. The cooking time includes the time chilling the spread before assembling the dish.
Top Review by teegeestar
I'll bet these would be GREAT airline food!!! Not too messy, and if you just cut them in half, they would be easy to eat!! Might add some baby spinch to make them a crunchy wrap!! Thanks for the recipe...TOM
- 3 large tortillas
- 4 slices roast beef, thickly sliced
French Onion Spread
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Knorr french onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the French onion spread ingredients and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Once the spread has been chilled, roll out a long piece of foil and lay the tortillas on the foil so that the ends of the tortillas overlap on the inside.
- Generously spread the French Onion mixture over the tortillas. Try to cover as much of the surface as possible.
- Place the slices of roast beef down the middle of the tortillas. Overlap them so it is like one continuous strip of roast beef.
- Roll the tortillas carefully and tightly.
- Cover the rolled tortilla with the surrounding foil. Be careful to make sure the ends are sealed.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Take out and slice the big roll into smaller pieces.