1/7 Photos of French Napoleons
These are to die for!!! They are so easy, yet look so elegant!!! I usually use a heart-shaped cookie cutter, but have also done squares, diamonds, etc. This is a must make for Valentine's Day at my house! But would be wonderful for any holiday or romantic dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (or use chocolate)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 2Using a shaped cookie cutter of your choice (I prefer hearts), cut out 9 Napoleons per sheet.
- 3Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4(If your dough has become too warm, place in refrigerator to chill. The pastry will not "puff" well if warm.).
- 5Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 7In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- 8Split puff pastry shapes in half.
- 9Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- 10Spoon filling over each; top with strawberries. I make the points of the slices stick out over the edges.
- 11Top with pastry tops. (Add just a dab of filling on top of strawberries so the pastry top will stick.).
- 12Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Napoleons
Serving Size: 1 (1086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 152.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g