These are to die for!!! They are so easy, yet look so elegant!!! I usually use a heart-shaped cookie cutter, but have also done squares, diamonds, etc. This is a must make for Valentine's Day at my house! But would be wonderful for any holiday or romantic dinner.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a shaped cookie cutter of your choice (I prefer hearts), cut out 9 Napoleons per sheet.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- (If your dough has become too warm, place in refrigerator to chill. The pastry will not "puff" well if warm.).
- Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Split puff pastry shapes in half.
- Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- Spoon filling over each; top with strawberries. I make the points of the slices stick out over the edges.
- Top with pastry tops. (Add just a dab of filling on top of strawberries so the pastry top will stick.).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.