Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Aunt Dorothea's recipe from family collection.
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1 cup sugar
- 15 soda crackers, crushed (squares)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Bottom: Beat egg whites stiff. Add sugar, nuts and crackers. Mix well and add vanilla. Divide into 24 paper lined baking cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until crisp. Cool. Leave in cup cake pans.
- Top: Beat butter and powdered sugar for 5 minutes. Blend in slightly cool chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well. Add flavoring. Put on top of baked bases. Freeze.
- Serve slightly frozen with a dallop of Cool Whip or whipped cream.