Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
My French aunt would argue about this being real French meat pie, but it's the way my family liked it & it's easy. I usually freeze the second pie for a future meal.
- 2 packages pillsbury ready-made pie crusts
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef (lowest fat content)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves (more or less to taste)
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- Bring pie crust to room temperature, then put bottom crust in (2) 9 inch aluminum pie pans.
- Brown ground meat in large skillet.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add onion& cook until soft.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to instructions on package.
- (The butter is not necessary.) Mix mashed potatoes into meat mixture.
- Put half the mixture into each pie pan.
- Cover with top crust& pinch edges.
- Make vent holes in top crust.
- Bake at 350 about 45 minutes or until crust is brown.