1 hr 30 mins
My French aunt would argue about this being real French meat pie, but it's the way my family liked it & it's easy. I usually freeze the second pie for a future meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring pie crust to room temperature, then put bottom crust in (2) 9 inch aluminum pie pans.
- 2Brown ground meat in large skillet.
- 3Drain excess fat.
- 4Add onion& cook until soft.
- 5Prepare mashed potatoes according to instructions on package.
- 6(The butter is not necessary.) Mix mashed potatoes into meat mixture.
- 7Put half the mixture into each pie pan.
- 8Cover with top crust& pinch edges.
- 9Make vent holes in top crust.
- 10Bake at 350 about 45 minutes or until crust is brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "French" Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2762.0
- Calories from Fat 1486
- Total Fat 165.1 g
- Saturated Fat 43.4 g
- Cholesterol 367.6 mg
- Sodium 2039.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 118.6 g