Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
My Mom makes this. Usually it is during the holiday season or Easter that you will see this appear, although I have made it just because I am craving it! You can make your own pie crust if you wish. Some of use eat this with ketchup on top, but serve with what you like.
Top Review by mandagirl
great recipe! I made it last night and there is only 1 piece left! The only difference I made was to chop the potato and put it in raw rather than cook and mash it. I will try it mashed another time. We ate it with Ketchup...yum!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (9 inch) prepared double crust pie crusts (Pillsbury makes prepared pie crusts, 2 to a box)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender.
- Saute pork and ground beef in a large frying pan, breaking up the chunks of meat; Drain grease from sauted meat.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes; combine meat and onions.
- Season to taste with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the meat filling equally into the pie shells.
- Place the crust on top of each pie.
- Crimp edges and cover the edges with foil.
- Cut 3 slits in the top of each crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top crust is light brown.
- Serve hot.