Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mom makes this. Usually it is during the holiday season or Easter that you will see this appear, although I have made it just because I am craving it! You can make your own pie crust if you wish. Some of use eat this with ketchup on top, but serve with what you like.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (9 inch) prepared double crust pie crusts (Pillsbury makes prepared pie crusts, 2 to a box)
- In a pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender.
- Saute pork and ground beef in a large frying pan, breaking up the chunks of meat; Drain grease from sauted meat.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes; combine meat and onions.
- Season to taste with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the meat filling equally into the pie shells.
- Place the crust on top of each pie.
- Crimp edges and cover the edges with foil.
- Cut 3 slits in the top of each crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top crust is light brown.
- Serve hot.
great recipe! I made it last night and there is only 1 piece left! The only difference I made was to chop the potato and put it in raw rather than cook and mash it. I will try it mashed another time. We ate it with Ketchup...yum!