Top Review by Sherrybeth
Just got my first "comments" back on this mix. I made a bunch of them for a fundraiser/sale about 3 weeks ago and they "flew" off the shelf. A friend called me last night to tell me it was one of the BEST soups she has ever prepared. I'll be making these up for Christmas gifts this year. THANKS Tonkcats.
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 1 lb dried great northern beans
- 1 lb dried split green peas
- 1 lb dried split yellow peas
- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
- 1 lb dried lentils
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans
- 1 lb dried large lima beans
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 1 lb dried red beans
- 1 lb dried soybeans
- 1 lb barley pearls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all beans. Divide into 14 (2-cup)gift packages; present with the following recipe for French Market Soup.
- FRENCH MARKET SOUP RECIPE: 2 cups French Market Soup mix 2 quarts water 1 ham hock 1 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp pepper 1 ( 16-oz.) can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 1 chili pepper, coarsely chopped 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Sort and wash 2 cups bean mix; place in a Dutch oven. Cover with water 2 inches above beans, and soak overnight.
- Drain beans; add 2 quarts water, ham hock, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil' reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ham hock from soup. Remove meat from bone, chop meat and return to soup.