Recipe by Gingerbee
These wonderful little light sponge cakes are an individual buttery treat. They freeze very well but they won't last long when your family samples these goodies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemons, zest of or 1 orange, zest of
- confectioners' sugar (dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until light yellow in color; add sugar, butter, vanilla, zest and continue mixing.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a tablespoon of batter into each well-greased, madeline mold.
- Bake for 8- 12 minutes or until light golden in color.
- Turn out madelines and cool.
- Dust with confectionery sugar.