Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups dried french green lentils
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- olive oil, as needed
- Bring large pot of water and lentils to a boil. Cook lentils until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain any excess water. Transfer lentils to large serving bowl.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, olives, parsley and garlic, and stir well.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and walnuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle oil over salad to taste.