1/3 Photos of French Lemon Tart - Lightened up Version
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is an easy to make and delicious pie based on the traditional French Tart Au Citron with only a fraction of the fat and calories. Prepare it in a flan or quiche pan if you have one. The recipe is from Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking Edited to add: As stated by I'mPat, be sure to use the icing sugar to cut the tartness of this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, egg whites and sugar for 4 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- 2Beat in lemon rind.
- 3Beating constantly, slowly drizzle in lemon juice and orange juice.
- 4Pour into baked pie shell and place on baking sheet.
- 5Bake in 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed, browned on top and barely set (may still be wobbly in center).
- 6Let cool completely.(You may cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours after this point).
- 7Just before serving sift the icing sugar over top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Lemon Tart - Lightened up Version
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 157.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g