This is an easy to make and delicious pie based on the traditional French Tart Au Citron with only a fraction of the fat and calories. Prepare it in a flan or quiche pan if you have one. The recipe is from Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking Edited to add: As stated by I'mPat, be sure to use the icing sugar to cut the tartness of this recipe.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, egg whites and sugar for 4 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Beat in lemon rind.
- Beating constantly, slowly drizzle in lemon juice and orange juice.
- Pour into baked pie shell and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed, browned on top and barely set (may still be wobbly in center).
- Let cool completely.(You may cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours after this point).
- Just before serving sift the icing sugar over top.