Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This sets perfectly when baked, I usually prepare this pie in the morning to serve in the evening, the pie should be refrigerated for several hours and then served cold.
Top Review by kusinera
FANTASTIC! I love this lemon pie. I made the first one a day ahead to see how it would be, and it set just beautifully, then I made the second one the following morning. It is a very tart lemony pie, so I increased the sugar by a couple of tablespoons, and used your fantastic butter pie crust recipe#66929 for this recipe. I am so happy that I made two of them as everyone had a second piece. I topped the pie with whipped cream, everyone raved about these pies! thank you again KITTENCAL!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (my butter pie pastry Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust works great)
- 2 cups whipped cream (or more if desired)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (bottom rack).
- In a bowl, beat eggs for about 3 minutes.
- Add in corn syrup, rind and melted butter; mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and sugar.
- Add to the egg mixture; mix to combine well.
- Pour into unbaked prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill before serving.
- Just before serving, mound/spread on the whipped cream on top of the pie.