1/5 Photos of French Lavender and Vanilla Sugar for Elegant Cakes and Bakes
French Tart's Note:
French Lavender & Tahitian Vanilla - what a great combination! A very simple but effective flavoured sugar; I always have a jar or two in my pantry ready to use in my cooking and baking! This sugar is WONDERFUL sprinkled on cakes, scones, biscuits (cookies), sweet tarts and baked desserts, as well as ice cream. You must make sure your lavender heads are free of pesticides, fertiliser and traffic pollution. Also a great gift idea - tie a sprig of lavender around the neck of the jar with a ribbon and a lavender recipe......et Voila!!
My Private Note
225 g Jar
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the lavender heads and about 2 tablespoons sugar into a food mixer, or coffee/spice blender. Pulse together for about 1 minute or until the lavender is ground, the same consistency as ground spices.
- 2Place the rest of the sugar into a large mixing bowl & add the ground lavender and sugar mix.
- 3Mix well.
- 4In tall jar, Kilner jars are good, pour half the lavender sugar; place the three vanilla pods in the jar, towards the outside so they may be seen,.
- 5Carefully add the rest of the sugar so the vanilla pods are standing up in the sugar.
- 6Seal and keep for about 2 weeks before using,.
- 7Store in a dark, dry and cool place.
- 8This lasts up to 1 year and the vanilla pods can be used numerous times again, after the sugar has finished.
- 9Use in cakes, biscuits, cookies, jams, cream desserts, ice-cream, pies and tarts, crumbles, trifles and junkets etc.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Lavender and Vanilla Sugar for Elegant Cakes and Bakes
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: