Recipe by Mirj
Sweet and light little kisses for your loved one!
Top Review by mooch95
These were awesome. I've always wanted to make meringues and gave this a try. They are unbelievably easy and oh so delicious. The coconut adds a great texture. I only added about 3/4 cup and to me that was perfect.
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place the egg whites in a glass mixing bowl with the salt.
- Beat until the whites are stiff and slowly add 1 cup of sugar, beating constantly.
- Gently fold in the red food coloring, extract and coconut.
- Do this very slowly to avoid deflating the mixture.
- Drop the mixture from a teaspoon onto a greased and well floured baking sheet (I use ungreased parchment paper).
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let the kisses sit in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.