Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet | April 2004
For lemonade ice cubes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry vermouth (12 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet vermouth (12 oz)
- 6 slices fresh lemon, peel removed with a vegetable peeler
- Make ice cubes: Stir together juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in water, then pour into an ice tray and freeze until hard, about 3 hours.
- Make drinks: Stir together vermouths and lemonade ice cubes in a pitcher until vermouth is chilled.
- Run a lemon strip around rim of each glass and drop into glass. Fill glasses with vermouth mixture, including ice cubes.