Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a cake celebrating the Epiphany and traditionally sold and consumed a few days before and after this date. In modern France, the cakes can be found in most bakeries during the month of January. The cake consists of flaky puff pastry layers with a dense center of frangipane.
- 491.29 g package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 118.29 ml butter
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml powderd almonds
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml flour
- Frangipane - Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mix in the almond flour.
- Add the eggs one at a time, to gradually incorporate them.
- Fold the flour into the mixture.
- Assemble - Place 1 sheet of pastry into a 9" tart pan.
- Spread the frangipane mixture over the top.
- Place the remaining pastry on top.
- Trim the edges and seal. Make a couple of vents in the top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool.