Pie Queen's Note:
This is a cake celebrating the Epiphany and traditionally sold and consumed a few days before and after this date. In modern France, the cakes can be found in most bakeries during the month of January. The cake consists of flaky puff pastry layers with a dense center of frangipane.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Frangipane - Cream the butter and sugar together.
- 2Mix in the almond flour.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time, to gradually incorporate them.
- 4Fold the flour into the mixture.
- 5Assemble - Place 1 sheet of pastry into a 9" tart pan.
- 6Spread the frangipane mixture over the top.
- 7Place the remaining pastry on top.
- 8Trim the edges and seal. Make a couple of vents in the top.
- 9Bake at 350F for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- 10Allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French King Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: