Prep 5 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay, there is Italian Salad Dressing and then there is French Salad Dressing. This mix combines both for a wonderful unique result. This recipe come from more Make a Mix Cookery Cookbook, 1980 vintage.
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Keep in airtight package until ready to use (The dressing is intended so that you can make several "packets" to keep on hand. The "packet" refers to one recipe of the seasoning mix)
- Can be stored for up to 6 months.
- When salad dressing is needed, combine 1 packet of mix with oil, viegar and ketchup in a blender at high speed for about 7 seconds.
- Pour into a 2-cup container with tight fitting lid and allow to stand at room temperature for about 5 hours.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Pour over salad and enjoy.
I just made this with Heinz 1 carb ketchup and 1 packet of stevia and it is sooooo good!!! Going to make plain salads so much easier to eat :)
This was delicious! DH couldn't stop going yummmmm!!!! This will definately be going into our rotation for dressing. Served over a green salad and along with Baked Ziti - Aimees Adventures#388315. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Oh, Dear. I made this dressing to go on a salad with sliced steak, greens, tomatoes and green onions. I made it exactly except put in only 1 tablespoon of sugar rather than 3(!). It was still FAR too sweet. No wonder children like it! It was like candy! My teeth almost fell out before I went into a diabetic coma! Ketchup has a lot of sugar to begin with, that's why I cut back on the sugar in the recipe. PaulaG, not a slam on you. We obviously have different tastes. :)