Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was one shared by our gourmet foods teacher. It looked good when she prepared it in class, but I didn't try it. Wish now I had. I posted it here because I didn't want to lose it and will probably make it the next time I break down and buy hot dogs.
- 8 beef hot dogs (the regular kind is alright too, but I can't eat the pork ones due to digestive difficulties)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 buns
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) envelope tomato soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Score frankfurters diagonally.
- Mix marinade ingredients and heat in a skillet, stirring constantly, until it boils. Remove from heat and add frankfurters. Let stand, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove frankfurters from marinade. Broil or grill 4 inches from heat for 7 to 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- While frankfurters cook, stir flour into marinade and reheat to boiling, stirring until thick.
- Serve in buns. Spoon marinade over frankfurters and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.