Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Decadent hot chocolate!
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- About 50 minutes before serving: In double boiler over hot, not boiling water (or in heavy 1 quart saucepan over low heat), melt chocolate and corn syrup until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally with rubber spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until mixture is cool.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium-low heat, heat milk until very hot and small bubbles form around edge (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, in small bowl with mixer at medium-low speed, beat cream and chocolate mixture until soft peaks form.
- To serve, pour milk into warm coffee pot.
- Spoon whipped cream mixture into 8 coffee cups and fill with hot milk.
Oh yes ....another winner from Tweeky....love this one hmmmmmmm