Recipe by Polar Bear
This is a personal favorite of Jacques Pepin.
Top Review by ellie_
I cut this recipe in half using 5 eggs about and 1/4 cup parsley and 1 tsp dried tarragon. I think I should have cut back a bit more on the parsley and used chives instead of the tarragon since the tarragon flavor still overwhelmed the eggs. But we still enjoyed the omlet and it was a nice change from the usual omlets we have. Thanks for sharing!
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon or 1⁄4 cup chives (use a combination)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in the herbs.
- Heat 1 teaspoon each of the oil and butter in a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- When the oil and butter are hot, add half the egg mixture.
- Stir it continuously with a fork while shaking the pan for about 2 minutes to create small curds.
- When most of the mixture is solid, cook it without stirring for 10 seconds to create a thin``skin´´ on the underside of the mixture, binding it together.
- Roll the omelet by bringing together 2 opposite edges.
- Invert in a plate.
- Repeat process using remainder of ingredients to create a second omelette.
- Serve immediately, half an omelet per person.