1/1 Photo of French Herbed Omelette
Polar Bear's Note:
This is a personal favorite of Jacques Pepin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- 2Stir in the herbs.
- 3Heat 1 teaspoon each of the oil and butter in a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- 4When the oil and butter are hot, add half the egg mixture.
- 5Stir it continuously with a fork while shaking the pan for about 2 minutes to create small curds.
- 6When most of the mixture is solid, cook it without stirring for 10 seconds to create a thin``skin´´ on the underside of the mixture, binding it together.
- 7Roll the omelet by bringing together 2 opposite edges.
- 8Invert in a plate.
- 9Repeat process using remainder of ingredients to create a second omelette.
- 10Serve immediately, half an omelet per person.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Herbed Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 533.8 mg
- Sodium 325.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g