This is a personal favorite of Jacques Pepin.
Make and share this French Herbed Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- Beat the eggs, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in the herbs.
- Heat 1 teaspoon each of the oil and butter in a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- When the oil and butter are hot, add half the egg mixture.
- Stir it continuously with a fork while shaking the pan for about 2 minutes to create small curds.
- When most of the mixture is solid, cook it without stirring for 10 seconds to create a thin``skin´´ on the underside of the mixture, binding it together.
- Roll the omelet by bringing together 2 opposite edges.
- Invert in a plate.
- Repeat process using remainder of ingredients to create a second omelette.
- Serve immediately, half an omelet per person.