Cook1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this French Herbed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup sauterne white wine
- 2 stalks celery, cut up into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium bay leaf
- Brown chicken in hot oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish.
- Drain excess fat from skillet. Add everything else except the celery and bay leaf. Heat, scraping up bits. Pour over chicken.
- Tuck in celery among chicken. Tuck in the bay leaf in the middle of the dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and celery before serving.