Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup sauterne white wine
- 2 stalks celery, cut up into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium bay leaf
- Brown chicken in hot oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish.
- Drain excess fat from skillet. Add everything else except the celery and bay leaf. Heat, scraping up bits. Pour over chicken.
- Tuck in celery among chicken. Tuck in the bay leaf in the middle of the dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and celery before serving.
This was great! The chicken came out moist and juicy, and the veggies were tender and flavorful. I used chicken thighs. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
I took Mysterygirl's cue and made this in the crock pot, so that we would have something nice for a Sunday meal after church. I the recipe as per the ingredients using chicken legs and loaded everything in the crock. The chicken was moist and had a beautiful subtle flavorful...and the mushrooms were unbelievable. I will definitely be making this again....next time I will make as per the directions using the stove top and the oven and will report back. Thank you Debbie for posting this delicious recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.
WOW, I made this for a Birthday dinner tonight and it was raved about. I did use chicken broth for the wine (my son can't have alcohol because of medication for seizures) and nobody really missed it. Lots of rich flavor and really easy to made. I think next time I'll use more veggies because we all liked them and there wasn't really enough for everyone to have all that they would have liked. Made for Photo Tag.