1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
With Herbs de Provence (with little or no lavender) , garlic and a gentle roasting time, this comes out fabulously seasoned and moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry your bird, place in a roasting pan.
- 2Mix all the seasonings in a small dish.
- 3Slip your finger under the skin of the chicken to make pockets, then pich some herbs between your fingers and rub it under the skin. be sure you get around the legs too.
- 4With any seasonings left, sprinkle them inside the chicken cavity.
- 5Quarter a lemon and stuff inside the chicken. (optional).
- 6Roast at 375* for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken juices run clear and the leg easily pulls away from the chicken.
- 7If it starts to look overly brown, tent a piece of foil over it.
- 8The drippings reduce nicely for gravy.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Herb Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 732.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence