Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
With Herbs de Provence (with little or no lavender) , garlic and a gentle roasting time, this comes out fabulously seasoned and moist.
- 3 lbs roasting chickens
- 1⁄4 cup herbes de provence (with little to no lavender)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or coarse salt)
- 1 quartered lemon (optional)
- Wash and dry your bird, place in a roasting pan.
- Mix all the seasonings in a small dish.
- Slip your finger under the skin of the chicken to make pockets, then pich some herbs between your fingers and rub it under the skin. be sure you get around the legs too.
- With any seasonings left, sprinkle them inside the chicken cavity.
- Quarter a lemon and stuff inside the chicken. (optional).
- Roast at 375* for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken juices run clear and the leg easily pulls away from the chicken.
- If it starts to look overly brown, tent a piece of foil over it.
- The drippings reduce nicely for gravy.