1/5 Photos of French Herb Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Dine & Dish's Note:
I found this recipe on another website, tried it and loved it! It was submitted by Aronna Palmer and she says it is an authentic French recipe. Either way, it is FABULOUS!! I hope you love it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine the yeast, sugar, 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1 1/2 cups of the flour.
- 2In a sauce pan combine the milk, water and 1/4 cup of the butter or margarine until 110 degrees F. Add milk mixture and vinegar to the flour mixture and blend at low speed of the mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in 1 1/2 cups additional flour to form a sticky dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead adding 1/2 to 1 cup more of flour until dough is smooth and pliable. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume.
- 4Punch down dough and roll into a rectangle shape about 16x8 inches.
- 5In a saucepan heat the onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, parsley and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until butter or margarine is melted. Spread over the dough rectangle and starting from the 16 inch side roll the dough up tightly like a jelly roll.
- 6Place the bread seam side down onto a greased cookie sheet and let rise until doubled in sized.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees F).
- 8Bake bread until golden brown about 20 to 30 minutes. Brush hot bread with melted butter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.1
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 369.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g