Recipe by BecR
Tasty toast triangles of classic French ham with sweet butter, accented with a hint of Dijon, cornichons and fresh thyme. Adapted from a Francine Segan recipe from one of her cookbooks.
- 6 thin slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 6 thin slices smoked ham
- Dijon mustard or honey mustard
- 6 cornichons, thinly sliced
- fresh thyme sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter the bread and top each slice with ham. Using a very sharp knife, cut off the crusts. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally to create 2 triangles and then in half again diagonally, creating a total of 4 triangles per slice.
- Top each triangle with a tiny dollop of mustard and a cornichon slice, and add a tiny sprig of fresh thyme.