Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Such a simple, easy and delicious way to enjoy green beans. Feel free to adjust seasoning and butter amounts to your personal taste.
- 1⁄2-1 lb trimmed French style green bean (regular works fine, too)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Trim and wash green beans.
- Set beans in a collander over boiling water. Cover and steam until just tender. Don't over cook!
- Add butter, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper and stir until butter has melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
What a perfect way to jazz up green beans! The flavor was a bit too subtle for me so I added teaspoon more of each dill, lemon, and butter, and a dash or two more salt and pepper. This is a very tasty side that I make often. Thank you.