1/1 Photo of French Green Beans in Cream
I got this recipe from Good Housekeeping UK when at the Helsinki Airport a few weeks ago. Looked good and made for Canadian Thanksgiving. It was a hit! Very tasty and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the ends off the beans, then cook in salted boiling water until just tender. I steam them til they are still crisp and bright green.
- 2Run cold water over beans to stop the cooking process.
- 3Melt butter in a large pan and gently cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add Prosciutto, garlic, and parsley and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the cream, stirring constantly, and bring to a light boil. Do not leave unattended, otherwise cream will burn.
- 6Once mixture is hot, add green beans, mix to coat and warmed through.
- 7I did the sauce and green beans ahead, mixed them together and reheated on the stove. Turned out great!
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Green Beans in Cream
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 79.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: