Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Good Housekeeping UK when at the Helsinki Airport a few weeks ago. Looked good and made for Canadian Thanksgiving. It was a hit! Very tasty and easy!
- 340.19 g green beans, ends snapped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 slice prosciutto
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 141.74 g cream or 141.74 g half-and-half
- Cut the ends off the beans, then cook in salted boiling water until just tender. I steam them til they are still crisp and bright green.
- Run cold water over beans to stop the cooking process.
- Melt butter in a large pan and gently cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add Prosciutto, garlic, and parsley and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream, stirring constantly, and bring to a light boil. Do not leave unattended, otherwise cream will burn.
- Once mixture is hot, add green beans, mix to coat and warmed through.
- I did the sauce and green beans ahead, mixed them together and reheated on the stove. Turned out great!