My friend Marina found this recipe last year, and has making it ever since at least once a week. Its the only vegetable her son likes.
- Cut carrots cross-wise to make 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat butter in a cooking pan.
- Add carrots, sugar, and water or chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Simmer until tender.
- Remove carrots and reduce liquid until syrup-like consistency is reached.
- Return carrots and coat in syrup.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.