1/1 Photo of French Garlic Soup
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found on the internet at francethisway.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel all the cloves of garlic.
- 2In a large sauce pan put all except 1 of the cloves (unchopped) along with the sage, salt & water. Brink to a boil & simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Remove garlic cloves & discard the sage. Crush the garlic & return it to the sauce pan, & add the pepper.
- 4Simmer for another 2 minutes, then poach the eggs in the soup.
- 5Meanwhile, rub the slices of bread with the remaining garlic clove & toast them in the oven.
- 6When one side is toasted, put a tablespoon of Gruyere on the UNTOASTED side of each of the slices & then toast that side also.
- 7In each of 4 bowls, put a piece of toast with cheese, put an egg on top of the cheese, & then the soup is served on top of that.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.2 mg
- Sodium 512.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: