Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nasty french fry Spam casserole
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen french fries
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and soup; stir in SPAM, bell pepper, and green onion.
- Spoon into 9 x 13" baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed flakes.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I like spam but my husband doesn't as much...so I've been trying to find more recipes to change his mind! This was very good. I didn't have enough sour cream so I used a little cream cheese too. Great casserole. Easy to make and prep was minimal.
This was really easy to make and a total comfort food! DD who is SO picky even liked this, shocking! I've cooked with Spam a few times now. The first time I made a recipe using Spam it was just alright but this casserole was very good. My sour cream had frozen in the back of my refrig and thawed but it tasted fine so I went ahead and used it. You could not tell any difference in the finally product. A note so I don't have to look it up again, 2 cups of the cheese equals 8 ounces, because I will be making this again. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game