Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes I first saw it in TA truck stops when I used to travel and then started making my own bigger version. French Fry Melts can be used for lunch, dinner or snacks.
- Cut bacon into pieces and place in skillet for 5-10 min on medium heat until crispy (not burned/black).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Pour french fries on pan.
- Place pan in oven in on middle rack.
- Bake for 15-20 min until done (to your taste).
- Grab spatula and separate fries into 3 plates.
- Crumble bacon and cheese over each plate of fries.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (recommend ranch).
I made 1 serving for myself and served with ranch dressing. I had bacon already cooked and frozen so I just laid a strip on the cookie sheet near the end of baking the fries to warm thru. Nice snack. *Made for Spring PAC 2009*
Made for Spring PAC 2008. My kids loved these. I did change this up a bit. I used tator tots as my kids like them better then french fries. I also used precooked bacon. I used cheddar cheese. I cooked the tots and during the last 5 minutes of cooking, I added the chopped bason and cheese. Everyone really enjoyed these.
This has been a big hit at our house. Fast and easy and the kids love it. Sometimes I use Ragu Double Cheddar and lots of cheddar cheese.