Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pommes frites with a Korean influence.
Make and share this French Fries recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the chile salt ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the oil to 345°F in a deep fryer or heavy saucepan.
- Cut the potatoes into spears and blanche them in the prepared fryer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove and drain them on paper towels.
- At serving time, increase the temperature of the oil to 375°F to 380°F.
- Refry the blanched potatoes for about 5 to 6 minutes until they are crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle them with the chile salt and serve immediately.
Ah, the joys of an electric deep fryer. I was always against having one of these, just knowing that it would take up too much room in my already crowded kitchen, and that we were going to start frying stuff all the time, which is not the healthiest way to live one's life (or so they say). But the BH had to bring one home anyway (he's British, I think it's genetic), and we have been loving it. So you live a shorter life, with yummy fries like these it's a life worth living. We cut the fries into planks, just the way we like them, and although they took a bit longer to fry due to their thickness, it was well worth the wait. I doubled the recipe and 4 adults went through 6 huge potatoes in no time at all. I had some of Chia's plum ketchup handy, and it added a sweet touch to the gingery-peppery chips as it was. I can see myself making batches and batches of these on a weekly basis.