1/6 Photos of French Fried Onions
A homemade alternative to the Durkee brand. I use these for casserole recipes when I can keep them from being eaten first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the onions in the milk for 5 minutes.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet or deep fryer.
- 3Take a handful of onions and run them through the flour with a fork to coat.
- 4Fry in batches in the oil, stirring as needed to brown evenly.
- 5Drain on paper towels and season to taste.
- 6Store in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Fried Onions
Serving Size: 1 (1188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 52.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g