Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Better than canned
Make and share this French Fried Onion recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion (Any white, yellow, or sweet)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil, for frying
- Slice onions thinly and let soak in ice water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, salt and pepper together.
- Thoroughly dry the onions when finished soaking. Heat canola oil and fry until golden and crispy. Drain fried onions on a cooling rack instead of paper towels for effective drainage.