This is a wonderful treat that even children will love.
Make and share this French Fried Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- Use a deep pan or a regular fryer.
- Heat oil until you think it is hot enough. You can check with a cube of bread.
- Drain the cauliflower and let cool.
- Mix together in a bowl the Bisquick, pesto, Italian seasoning, pepper and cheese.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces into the egg and then coat with the batter.
- Fry until golden brown.
- As soon as you remove it from the fat, sprinkle it with more cheese.
I love breaded cauliflower and was really excited to try this recipe. It is easy to follow and uses regular, every day ingredients (at least for my house). The pesto gave the breading exceptional flavor! My only complaint is that the breading doubled in size when it was frying (it puffed out a great deal - don't know how else to explain it) and there was too much breading - it overpowered the taste of the cauliflower. This was easily remedied by taking some of the breading off as we were eating it, but I wish there hadn't been quite as much breading. This might be perfect for a person who really likes a thick batter/breading on their fried foods... All in all, I'm really glad that I tried this recipe. My hubby said the breading would be great on chicken (for chicken nuggets or chicken tenders), so I'm thinking I might use the batter/breading on chicken to see if that is good. Thanks for the recipe! Made for Photo Tag, 1/15/09 - NELady.