Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delicious and refreshing pie from my Lions club cookbook. Chilling time is cooking time.
- 1 baked pie shell (8-inch)
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch, heaping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add water to 2 cups peaches and soak slightly until peaches are soft.
- Add sugar mixed with cornstarch.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Place remaining 2 c peaches in pie shell and top with peach mixture.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream.