Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
French Toast that the French would approve of! You will love it! Oui! Oui!
- 1 loaf day old baguette
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- butter, to taste
- syrup, to your liking
- Slice baguette into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In wide, shallow bowl, whisk eggs, adding in milk, vanilla, then cinnamon.
- Dip each slice bread in egg mixture, thoroughly coating.
- Cook each piece in a well-oiled frying pan until light, golden brown.
- Butter well, then drizzle with maple syrup.
- Tres bien!
Mmm, very good french toast! DH loved it. I made this for our Christmas morning breakfast today and it was the perfect choice. Made for Bargain Basement Dec 2010.