Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lovely tart using fresh figs, adapted from Epicurean!
Make and share this French Fig Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cut 6 figs into 3/4" slices, set aside.
- In food processor, process nuts until fine.
- Sift flour and 1/2 cup sugar together.
- Add nuts, and pulse to combine.
- Add egg white, egg, butter, brandy(or apple cider), and lemon zest. Combine.
- Add batter to figs and mix thoroughly.
- Spray four 3 3/4" tart pans with nonstick spray.
- Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Cut remaining figs lengthwise into 5 or 6 slices each.
- Arrange slices over each tart.
- Place tart pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake until tarts are set and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
I used 1 cup almond meal instead of grinding the almonds and this worked really well. The first bite seemed like it was missing something but we kept going back to get more and came to the conclusion it was actually really good!
I agree this tart was amazing, a little extra effort but well worth the time, just wondering if this would work with dates in place of figs?? I am going to give it a try soon, thanks for posting Shar!
This tart was amazing! We have a fig tree in the back yard, so I am trying to find different ways to use them up before the birds get them.. so I tried this recipe yesterday and it was quite the hit! I used almonds instead of hazelnuts.. and I make a large tart vs. the indivduals...so I added a few more figs and almonds... This is definitely a repeat recipe! Thanks for sharing!