Recipe by Sharon123
A lovely tart using fresh figs, adapted from Epicurean!
Top Review by Ashfork
I used 1 cup almond meal instead of grinding the almonds and this worked really well. The first bite seemed like it was missing something but we kept going back to get more and came to the conclusion it was actually really good!
- 8 fresh figs
- 1 cup skinned hazelnuts, toasted (or sliced almonds)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 tablespoon brandy (may sub apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cut 6 figs into 3/4" slices, set aside.
- In food processor, process nuts until fine.
- Sift flour and 1/2 cup sugar together.
- Add nuts, and pulse to combine.
- Add egg white, egg, butter, brandy(or apple cider), and lemon zest. Combine.
- Add batter to figs and mix thoroughly.
- Spray four 3 3/4" tart pans with nonstick spray.
- Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Cut remaining figs lengthwise into 5 or 6 slices each.
- Arrange slices over each tart.
- Place tart pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake until tarts are set and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Sprinkle with sugar.